and even if one sometimes feels a sort of decline, the point is nevertheless to revive and have courage, even though things don’t turn out as one first thought.
-Vincent Van Gogh
- Start a career in advisory, and to weigh work and people equally.
- Travel to rural areas alone where there are no distractions and a lot of nature. The point is to fear and live.
- Live alone. And be responsible for my own sanity.
- Learn to cook (more than just survival dishes).
- Learn photography (a reasonable standard).
- Work in China on long-term assignments.
- Start my own business with a plough-back profit model, benefiting underprivileged children.
- Be in a serious relationship before I turn 25.
- Commit to church for 4 years, till the end of 2020. This includes abiding by its rules and participating in its activities, even if I find it to be inconvenient sometimes.
- Commit to slotherious as a record of my thoughts/life. To always write honestly and sincerely, and delete things which are not good enough (a struggle!!).
- Be proficient in some form of physical health training.
And always to remind myself,
- To take my work seriously, but take myself less seriously.
- And to always accept people as they are, regardless of where they come from or what they have done, or are currently doing. Acceptance isn’t the same as standing by and watching bad things happen to other people, acceptance is understanding that we come to earth with different gifts and opportunities, but we can coexist regardless of what they are.
(Hugh MacLeod, gapingvoid.com)