And when they saw it, they allhgrumbled, “He has gone in to be the guest of a man who is a sinner.” And Zacchaeus stood and said to the Lord, “Behold, Lord, the half of my goods iI give to the poor. And if I have jdefrauded anyone of anything, I restore it kfourfold.”
Learning points (short post, am exhausted):
- Do we demand that people change their mindsets and behaviours first before extending fellowship opportunities to them?
- But repentance must happen for salvation.
- Whoever can be trusted with little can also be trusted with much.
- Wait upon the Lord with what was entrusted to you. Your ten or five minas (one mina is worth 3-4 months wages), how are you investing what was given to you. It doesn’t need to be talents, it can be resources, or time, or just patience. Something small that can be used.
- The three stumbling blocks of faith- money, sex, and power. I have none of the three, not because I am resisting temptation but I just don’t have any of them. No opportunity lol.
Although thinking about sex and relationships and attraction. There are very attractive people who are not good looking- at least, maybe just average? But their personality and intelligence is raw attraction.