things I did today

  • Ignored my two quiz preparations. I had fine, fine intentions.
  • Went for a walk in the evening, the water in the canal is surprisingly clear. Couldn’t run because I’ll get a stomach pain on the right side after a few minutes. However I shall try again tomorrow when it is darker and cooler.
  • Read a quarter of Mindset by Carol Dweck, one third of Make Something Up by Chuck Palahniuk, and finished The War of Art by Steven Pressfield and Mastery by George Leonard. I’m still looking for Mastery by Robert Greene but that one is a bit hard to download, I can’t find good pdf copies. I’m now finding The Untethered Soul.
  • Also- got an interview confirmation! Which made me realise that I have 1.5 formal outfits in my wardrobe and 80% of my clothes were purchased in 2014/2015 and since then, I have expanded horizontally. The other 20% is not suitable for office wear. It’s kind of boring to be an adult because you have to wear business wear five days a week, and smart casual clothing one day a week when you go out, and you spend the remaining day nua-ing at home or just ironing your clothes.

 

“When you’re lying on your deathbed, one of the cool things to say is, ‘I really explored myself.’ This sense of urgency was instilled when my mom died. If you only go through life doing stuff that’s easy, shame on you.” So when wrestling presented a challenge, she was ready to take it on.

-Mindset, Carol Dweck